Using the manual installation , The Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 can be upgraded to the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. The firmware features all the good features of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean including a bloatware free system and Bluetooth Low Energy .
CyanogenMod 10.2 on Samsung Galaxy S I9000 :
Once of the recognized developers - OP at XDA developers, pawitp, posted a nightly build of the CyanogenMod 10.2 custom ROM, by running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean version on the Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000. Basically , the CyanogenMod 10.2 has the following features :
- Google Now
- Project Butter
- Actionable Notifications
- Quick Settings
- Permission Manager
- Virtual Surround Sound
- Improved Dial Pad
- Better Linux Kernel
- Bluetooth Low Energy
- User accounts have only restricted profiles
- TRIM feature
- Theme engine
- DRM APIs
- New focal camera application
Instructions for flashing :
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 to your computer using a USB cable and mount the SD card.
- On the SD card of the Galaxy S , Copy and paste both the CyanogenMod 10.2 firmware and the Google Apps package without extracting them
- Disconnect your smartphone from the computer and switch it off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons altogether to reboot into the recover mode until the Samsung logo appears.
- In the recovery mode , make a Nandroid backup of the current ROM. Select “backup and restore > backup.” The saved ROM is stored on the SD which can be restored anytime.
- Now perform a full wipe on your device. Select “wipe data/factory reset” and “wipe cache partition.” Then go to “advanced > wipe Dalvik cache.”
- After the full wipe process, now install the CyanogenMod 10.2 custom ROM by selecting “install zip from SD card then choose zip from SD card and search for the the CyanogenMod 10.2 firmware and then select confirm installation.”
- Proceed with the same steps for the installation of the Gapps package .
- Once your installation is finished, go back to the main menu and click select the “reboot system now “ option.
- Your smartphone will reboot now and may take some time to reach the home screen.
Now, Your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 runs on the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS . Special thanks to CyanogenMod 10.2 .