The team of SlimROMs has rolled out its first repition of Android 4.3 SlimBean stable ROM for the first Galaxy S series smartphone S GT-I9000. These ROMs are based on popular custom ROM releases such as AOSP( AndroidOpen Source Project), ParanoidAndroid, CyanogenMod (CM) and AOKP (Android Open Kang Project).
The SlimBean stable ROM still continues offering the latest custom Android 4.3 features in a lightweight package. It is a good choice for older devices like Galaxy S which limited memory capacity.
Installing the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S I9000 using SlimBean Stable ROM :
- Onto your computer , download the Android 4.3 SlimBean Stable ROM and GApps package
- With the original USB cable , connect your phone to the computer and copy the downloaded SlimBean Stable ROM and Google Apps zip files into the root folder on the SD card.
- Swtich Off the phone and let the device boot in the recovery mode. It can be achieved by pressing and holding the Volume Up and Home buttons together and then simultaneously tapping the Power button until the green robot icon with a triangle appears on the screen which confirms the Recovery mode.
- Follow the below steps before flashing the new ROM :
> wipe data/factory reset
> wipe cache
> go to “advanced” and perform wipe dalvik cache
> go to “mounts and storage” and format system
- In CWM recovery, click Install Zip from SD card and select the ROM zip file which was copied earlier to the phone’s SD card. The same procedure can be followed for the installation of the Google Apps package. After selecting the ROM file, allow it for its installation on the device. It may take about 5 minutes to complete
- Once the device is updated, for rebooting the phone into the newly installed ROM hit Reboot System Now option.
- SlimBean Stable ROM is now successfully installed on your Galaxy S GT-I9000. Go to Settings > About Phone to check the firmware version installed.