Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G Android smartphone users now have a reason to be delighted. Now they can easily install the Android 4.3 Jellybean Firmware on their devices. This is not the official firmware release, but a version developed by the Cyanogen mod team. This new firmware comes with many new features and changes. System stability has been taken care of which makes this update installation worth.
Guide to Install the Android 4.3 JellyBean Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G
- Use the following link to download Android 4.3 JellyBean OS and Google Apps Package to your PC.
- Connect your smartphone to the PC via USB cable and place these two zip files in your PC.
- Now disconnect your device and start the ROM MANAGER app of your Samsung Galaxy S2 to enter the recovery mode on the device. You may need to install the custom Recovery image from the ROM manager itself in case the device refuses to enter into the recovery mode. If none of this works, turn off your device and then press the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously to enter into recovery mode.
- After entering into the recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card”. Select the firmware file in your phone that you copied in the above steps along with the Google Apps Package. After selecting the file, the device update will start. It may take around 3 -4 minutes for the update process to be complete.
- To ensure that the device has been updated to the latest Android 4.3 Jellybean OS, go to “Settings > About Phone”. It will show you the current firmware version installed in your phone.